Sunday 7 September 2014

Introducing: Me

Hi!

Well, I guess if I intend to keep a blog then I should introduce myself first. I'm Rachael Elizabeth (call me Rach) and I'm 20 years old. I'm originally from Birmingham, UK (My accent isn't as bad as you might think...) and am currently studying at
 Lancaster University. Hopefully I'll graduate as a 'fine Mathematician' and train to be a Medical Statistician. Boring stuff aside.

I'm a massive music fan and attend gigs and festivals whenever my bank balance allows me to. Actually, that's a lie - I'm very far into my student overdraft and yet I always have at least a few gigs or festivals booked - I guess I attend them whether my bank balance allows me to or not. 

My primary reason for starting this blog is that I have a lot of thoughts and opinions about absolutely everything and it'd be great to be able write them down somewhere and share them with others. I'd imagine many of my posts will be fuelled by anger about the ignorance of the majority of our society, but I hope that I will be able to communicate my ideas in a way that is educational and productive. I am completely against homophobia, transphobia, body shaming, victim blaming, racism, ableism, and any other kind of discrimination, and I hope that one day everyone can see that we are all equal. 

Hopefully, my posts won't all be serious. Sometimes I like to talk about positive happenings, discuss university life, or rant about extremely trivial things. I'm also a self proclaimed cat lady, so whenever I visit my family in Birmingham and get to see my 4 felines I'll most likely post pictures of me forcefully cuddling them. Basically, this whole blog will be just a compilation of absolutely everything.

Maybe that's enough for an introduction, 'cause I feel like I'm rambling on a bit now.

- Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment